CSF LASAGNA SOUP
- 1 lb Ground turkey 93/7% fat
- 4 cup Chicken Broth
- 112 g Lasagna noodles We used Barilla oven-ready (dry weight)
- 1 can Diced tomatoes (14.5 oz can)
- 85 g Tomato paste
- 50 g Onion (Red or white) diced
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- In a large pot, saute the diced onion with a few sprays of cooking oil or 1/4 cup of water until soft and then add ground turkey, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Cook on Medium heat until brown. Next, add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste. Stir until everything is combined and the tomato paste has melted into the soup. Break the dry lasagna noodles into pieces and drop into the pot, stir and place lid on to cook noodles. I keep the temp on medium low. The soup will be finished when the noodles have softened, usually 10-15 minutes. I also add salt and pepper to taste.
Mix in cottage cheese for added protein and chili pepper flakes, aka pizza peppers for added heat! *Cottage cheese will need to be added to MyFitnessPal as a separate entry if adding it to the finished serving of soup.