CSF Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 110 g Raw White Onion
- 42 g butter We use Kerrygold brand
- 1 cup 2% Low Fat Milk
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth We use Simply Balanced Organic Vegetable Broth
- 15 g All Purpose Flour *King Arthur Unbleached Organic Flour
- 85 g Carrots *Simple Truth Organic Peeled Baby Carrots
- 4 g Garlic Paste *Gourmet Garden Chunky Garlic Blend
- 60 g Reduced Fat Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese *Kroger Brand
- 232 g Broccoli *Frozen Steamable Organic Broccoli (Purely Frozen from Costco)
- You will need a small pan and a large pot. First, chop onions and carrots. Next, steam bag of broccoli in microwave for 4-5 minutes. Once it has cooled for a minute or so, chop broccoli into small pieces; measure 232 grams in a bowl and set aside.In the large pot, add vegetable broth and set heat to medium. Add chopped carrots and broccoli. Place lid on pot.In the small pan, set heat to medium low and melt butter. Add onion and cook until onions are soft and translucent. Next, add flour and whisk for 2 minutes or so until flour is cooked. Slowly add milk and continue to whisk for a few minutes until thick and well combined.Slowly pour the milk mixture into the broth and whisk until fully mixed together.Place lid on large pot and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes and whisk every few minutes.Measure and add shredded cheese while whisking. Enjoy!
We like to add additional steamed broccoli to our serving as well as cooked chicken breast for added protein.